I. TYPES OF REIMBURSEMENT
- Poster Session Participant – Each state selected to participate in the Poster Session is eligible for reimbursement of the costs directly related to the MESC for one (1) state employee. Complete a MESC 2017 Reimbursement Form and a UMW9 Form.
- HITECH 90/10 Funding – States with available HITECH funds available are eligible to receive a ten percent (10%) reimbursement up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) per state reimbursement for costs directly related to the MESC. Complete a MESC 2017 HITECH Funding Reimbursement Form and a UMW9 Form.
- NESCSO Member States – Each New England NESCSO member state is eligible for reimbursement of costs directly related to the MESC for two (2) state employees. Complete an Airfare Pre-authorization Form (and submit to NESCSO ASAP), UMass Non-Employee Reimbursement Form and a UMW9 Form.
- State Decision Makers – The MESC Organizers want to decrease the obstacles States may face in sending employees to the Conference. We are also interested in broadening State exposure to the information presented at the Conference. Through this new program, we are committed to reimbursing the travel expenses and registration fee for one State employee per State. Preference will be given to State Personnel who have never attended the MESC as well as for State Personnel whose responsibilities are broader than the MMIS, for example a State Chief Information Officer, Medicaid Director, or other key decision maker. Complete the information page here.
II. DEFINITION OF REIMBURSABLE COSTS
Costs which may be reimbursable include the following: government registration fees, transportation to and from the conference, meals not provided during the conference hours, hotel rooms, and parking. See General Guidelines below for more detailed information.
III. GENERAL GUIDELINES
1. AIR TRAVEL
- Reimbursement is limited to coach travel from your home state to the St. Louis Airport, and return to your home state.
- Reimbursable travel dates are between August 13-19, 2017.
- Reimbursement is allowed for the standard government room rate of $140.00 plus taxes. Additional costs for room upgrades are not reimbursable.
- Reimbursable hotel nights are for August 13-18, 2017
3. TRANSPORTATION/MILEAGE/SHUTTLE SERVICES
- Reimbursement for travel mileage between your home address and your airport of departure is made at $.54 per mile. Documentation of your mileage calculation needs to be provided either Google Maps or MapQuest.
- Car rental costs are not reimbursable.
- Executive car type services are not reimbursable.
- If you travel by car, overnight, self-parking is reimbursable at the daily rate of $20.00 during the conference.
- Valet, or open access parking fees are not reimbursable.
a. The MESC provides for the following meals:
i. Tuesday – Breakfast, Lunch
ii. Wednesday through Thursday – Breakfast, Lunch
iii. Friday – Breakfast
b. Meals purchased during the above times are not reimbursable.
c. Alcohol is not reimbursable.
d. If you are requesting reimbursement on a per diem basis we will reimburse for the meals not provided during the conference up to the government per diem rate of Breakfast: $16.00, Lunch $17.00, Dinner $31.00 per day (http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/101518).
- Reimbursement will be provided for the early-bird government registration fee of $525.00.
- Registration cancelation fees and substitution fees are not reimbursable.
- S-TAG members receive complimentary registration until July 15, 2017.
- State employees serving as moderators receive reduced registration fees until July 15, 2017.
a. Incidental expenses are the responsibility of the conference attendee. These include, but are not limited to:
i. Phone calls
ii. Laundry services
iii. Mini-bar items
iv. Fines for parking or moving violations
v. Personal expenses
vi. Companion expenses
vii. Movies, health club fees and other entertainment expenses
viii. Room service
ix. Tips (excessive amounts)
IV. PROCESS FOR OBTAINING REIMBURSEMENT:
- Original receipts are required for all reimbursements. Photocopies of a receipt will not be accepted.
- Special attention should be paid to the general guidelines listed below.
- Complete the appropriate reimbursement form (see above, II. TYPES OF REIMBURSEMENT) and submit the reimbursement request to:
New England States Consortium Systems Organization
Attention: Finance Department
333 South Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
- Upon receipt of your request the packet will be reviewed for accuracy and completeness. Inaccurate calculations will be corrected on the forms, incomplete forms will be returned to you for completion.
- Reimbursements are only made to a person, except in the case of 90/10 funding. In that case reimbursement is to the state.
- While we will make every effort to expedite your request it normally takes thirty (30) to forty-five (45) days to process.
A PDF of this document can be downloaded by clicking here.