March 24, 2017 in Current Update
Submissions of abstracts has been brisk over the past couple of weeks…be sure to submit your abstract by the closing date of March 31, 2017 to be included for consideration at MESC 2017!
Our major tracks this year include five topics that reflect the operational steps of a system’s implementation:
- Planning – Medicaid enterprise business needs and how to ensure they drive the technology
- Design – Technical aspects of systems that support the Medicaid Enterprise System
- Financing – Processes for States to secure federal matching funds and effectively procure the solutions that will meet the need
- Project Management– Activities that occur after procurement, including the appropriate and potential roles of the State, private and public sector contractors
- Information Management– State data analytic efforts, new tools and new approaches to help States make the best use of their systems once they’re built
We have also added three specialty tracks that are more narrowly focused:
- Third Party Liability – Medicaid TPL business processes including accurate payments, coordination of benefits, and collection
- HHS Interoperability – Sessions to highlight and motivate interoperability at both the business and technology level across multiple programs to improve outcomes and address the Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
- Training – Proposals of interest to State and Industry personnel who are new to the Medicaid Enterprise and/or the systems that support it. We are looking for topics to be presented in a workshop format with mixed State and Industry faculty. These sessions can be longer than an hour.
Finally, note that these topics are intended to be an organizing tool. If you have an idea that you are passionate about but does not neatly fall into one of the categories below, please still submit it. We encourage you to be as creative as possible in developing your session proposals!
Follow the link to review the track themes and learn how to submit an abstract for review: Click Here to Submit an Abstract